Spring Home Maintenance Tips to Prevent Homeowners Insurance Claims
During the spring season, it feels great to deep-clean, and freshen up your home. Nothing feels better than shaking off those winter blues during those milder days of spring. You know what else can feel just as good, and rewarding, making sure your home is throughly ready and maintained for the spring season. By doing this, you will be able to avoid spring home insurance claims, and create a spring season of safety. Here are 7 easy, and attainable tips any homeowner will appreciate.
- Clean up yard materials and tools: Keep branches away from utility lines, and trim dead tree branches
- Air Conditioning: Before you turn on your air for the season, be sure to get it inspected by an air conditioning professional.
- Smoke Detectors: These are life-saving, and that is why it is so important to change the batteries, and test the detector. Daylight savings time is a great time to do this.
- Prepare your lawn mower for the summer: Fill your mower with gas, and change the oil. Test the lawn mower to make sure it is in a safe working condition.
- Clean Gutters: Clean out the leaves, and debris that may have accumulated over the fall, and winter season.
- Check out the water heater: Check for leaks and corrosion, replace if necessary.
- Clean or replace HVAC filters: While you are going through and doing the rest of your cleaning “to-do’s”, check to see filters are clean.
We hope all of these tips are helpful, and make this spring season a safe, and happy one. If you need any help or insight on homeowners’ insurance, please reach out to Dave Yaniro via phone (443) 794-3967 or email: email@example.com